5 August 2020 - timetable of events
Opportunities for you to speak directly to our staff
• Hospitality and Food Studies: Learn about the career progression opportunities this exciting industry can lead to. You can start at introductory level and move through the levels into a supervisory/junior management career. Another great opportunity is for anyone in possession of an HND in Hospitality Management - you can join Year 3 of the BA Hospitality Management.
Contact Ian Gibb for an informal chat or email discussion.
• If you’re interested in Business, Accounting, Admin or IT qualifications, or Computing courses, our welcoming team are delighted to discuss your options. Please email BMCL.email@example.com with your name and phone number and we will call you back, or email if you prefer.
• During the current pandemic, gym classes, yoga and all sorts of physical activity have moved online and/or been adapted to allow everyone to stay fit and well. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in the exciting, fast paced Sport and Fitness sector, our welcoming team would be delighted to discuss your options, please email BMCL.firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number and we will call you back, or email if you prefer.
• Early Years and Education is a growth industry requiring new and talented people to enter the workforce. We help our students to understand the responsibilities and enjoyment of working with children and young people. Contact Lesley Connaghan to show your interest in these courses.
• During the COVID-19 pandemic, Hairdressers and Beauticians have been much missed from our life. If you’re interested in following a fulfilling career in this sector, there are still limited spaces on Hairdressing level 3, NC Beauty Care Level 6 and HNC Beauty Therapy. If you want a friendly chat to find out more, contact Suzanne Miller.
• A Humanities and Social Sciences qualification prepares you for a broad range of professions – from social work to teaching. Contact Ronnie Dewar for Social Sciences, Kerry Hannigan for Sociology and Criminology if you wish to discuss your options.
• From climate change to the COVID-19 pandemic, Science is never far from the news. If you are interested in a career in this field, or just want to expand your knowledge, we have courses from entry level to HNC and degree. Please contact Heidi Hope for a chat and further information on all the options available at Perth College UHI.
• Anyone wanting to find out more about Skills for Life, Learning and Employment (SLLE) courses, in particular- Return 2 Learn (for over 25’s) or Gateway 2 Creative Industries, are welcome to contact Karen Downs. SLLE courses provide an ideal step into Further Education and can prepare you for progression to a wide range of subject areas across the College.
• The HISA Perth - Students' Association are happy to speak with anyone wishing to connect with student life and enjoy a great experience during their time at the college. Contact email@example.com.
• A Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) is the starting point of the ‘apprenticeship family’ in Scotland. It is studied in school predominately in 5th and 6th year. For information on Foundation Apprenticeships and courses for school pupils, contact Emma Bowman.
- Interested in finding out more about courses available throughout the University of the Highlands and Islands? Speak to colleagues across our network of campuses.