We offer a range of courses from SCQF Levels 5 - 10 within Business and Accounting from National Qualification to Honours degree.
We talk to employers locally and nationally to ensure that all our courses provide the most current knowledge and skills required in the workplace. Our courses have a practical foundation and students can expect to be developing and applying their new skills from day one. Highly experienced and enthusiastic staff work to support students to achieve their full potential and gain the best possible educational experience within the department. NQ and HND students will undertake a work placement providing a valuable insight into the real world of work. Volunteering is also integral in the curriculum area and all students are encouraged to volunteer with public, private and third sector organisations to apply their skills and knowledge in real scenarios.
Some of our Accountancy courses provide exemptions from the earlier parts of some UK Accountancy bodies’ exams. Our BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance course allows students to achieve some professional accreditation through ACCA and CIMA.
National Student Survey (NSS)
90% overall satisfaction score from our Accounting and Finance degree students across the University of the Highlands and Islands for the third year in a row
- Scholarship Spotlight - Josh Norris
- Student Spotlight - Cameron Mathers
- Alumni Spotlight - Nicola Parr
- Student Spotlight - Winfrida Mwongela
- Course Spotlight - NQ Business and Administration
- Student Spotlight - Lisa Oliver
- Staff Spotlight: Simon Fraser
- A day in the life of a NQ Business and IT student
- Start something completely new