Online registration is now closed
***Please read the following information carefully before registering for the conference. You need to decide which optional extras you would like to include (field trips, airport transfers, conference dinner, ceilidh).***
Please book everything at the same time
If you need to make a change at a later date, it will not be possible to do this online; you will have to contact us by email and make separate payment arrangements.
If you previously submitted an abstract, you will be able to log on with the same email address and password. Please check all your contact details carefully and make any changes, if necessary.
If you are registering for the first time, you will need to enter your email address and create a password. You will then enter all your personal contact details before proceeding to the registration screens.
There are various registration options to choose from:
- Registration – full fee (£260): this is the standard registration fee – discounted fees are only available for delegates from developing countries, students and funded delegates.
- Registration – developing countries (£140): you can check the list of developing countries here.
- Registration - students (£140)
- Registration – funded place: you should only choose this option if you have been informed by the Conference Secretariat by email that you have been awarded funding towards your travel costs. You will still need to choose and pay for any optional extras (ceilidh, conference dinner, field trip and airport transfers).
- Registration – session chairs: You should choose this option if you are a session chair for a Research Presentation or Round Table Session. You do not need to book the conference dinner as this will be booked on your behalf.
We are offering an airport transfer service from Edinburgh airport to Perth city centre. The cost of this transfer service is about the same as for public transport, but you may find it more convenient, as it will be direct; if you use public transport, you will have to change. There are two options for you to choose from:
- Airport transfer - return (£25): we are offering this service from Edinburgh airport to Perth city centre on Saturday 3 October and Sunday 4 October only. If you select the 'return' option, transport will also be provided from the conference venue (Perth Concert Hall) to Edinburgh airport on Thursday 8 October early morning (at approx 0800) and soon after the conference ends by 1300. If there is sufficient demand, we will also offer transfers back on Friday 9 October.
- Airport transfer - one way only (£15): we are also offering one-way transport (Edinburgh airport-Perth or Perth-Edinburgh airport) for £15.
Please note: if you require an airport transfer between Edinburgh airport and Perth and between Perth and Edinburgh airport you need only select the 'Airport transfer (return)' option during the registration process.
We will not be able to provide an airport transfer to meet every flight but we will aim to provide a service approximately every 2-3 hours. You will be transported to Perth Concert Hall which is in Perth city centre. Most hotels/bed and breakfasts are within a 10/15-minute walk from Perth Concert Hall and taxis will also be available close by.
We will contact you nearer the time to ask for details about your flight arrival and departure times.
If you prefer not to use the transfer service, it is quite simple to travel independently from Edinburgh airport to Perth by train or bus. More information about travel to Perth by train or bus can be found here.
There are a number of conference events to choose from in the registration process. Select the ones you wish to attend.
- Conference dinner (£30): a three-course dinner will take place at Dewars Centre on the evening of Wednesday 7 October. The venue is around a 20-minute walk from the centre of Perth.
- Ceilidh (£10): this will be held on the evening of Monday 5 October in the Salutation Hotel on South Street, Perth. If you’ve not been to a ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee) before, this is a social event where the Gallivanters, a local ceilidh band, will be playing traditional Scottish music for you to listen and dance to. Don’t worry if you don’t know any of the dance steps, you soon will!
- Field Trips (£20): There are five* field trips to choose from – they are all on the same day so choose one option only. You can find a description of each field trip here. All trips will leave from Perth Concert Hall around 0830/0900 on Sunday 4 October, returning between 1700 and 1800. All trips include a visit to a whisky distillery or a Scottish winery.
If a guest/partner is accompanying you (but not attending the conference), you have the option to book and pay for an additional ticket for the airport transfer, conference dinner, ceilidh or field trips.
Once you have completed all the options, you can Confirm your booking and this will take you to the online payment system via PayPal. Please click on the ‘Pay online’ button and then choose either to pay with your PayPay account if you already have one set up, or pay with a debit or credit card. The payment will show on your credit card statement as PayPal 'BOARDMANAGE'. Please note that we are unable to accept payments by American Express card.
Please ensure that you complete this payment process at the same time as registration.
Please note that any refunds will incur a £20 administration charge. No refunds will be possible after 15 September 2015.
If you have any problems using the online payment system or have any queries about the registration process, please contact the conference secretariat: email@example.com