Student Engagement Service
In education, 'student engagement' refers to the degree of attention, curiosity, interest, optimism, and passion that students show when they are learning or being taught, extending to the level of motivation they have to learn and progress in their education.
Different types of engagement could include:
- Intellectual engagement
- Emotional engagement
- Behavioural engagement
- Physical engagement
- Social engagement
- Cultural engagement
The student engagement team at Perth College UHI cover a range of activities to encourage engagement during the academic year. They deliver workshops and in-class talks, which are updated each academic year to show change in mood and external influences.
- How to stay focused when studying online
- Public speaking in a formal setting
- Stress and anxiety
- Hate crime
- What is e-safety?
- Bullying - what and why?
- How to dig deep and stay the course!
- Sexual assault at festivals and clubs
- Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll - let's talk about it
- Student Voice Representative Team