Employer of choice
We are committed to providing modern employment practices which promote equality, respect diversity, support individuals and make the best use of our talented workforce.
We recognise two Trade Unions – EIS-FELA for academic staff and UNISON for our support staff – and our non-union support staff have a voice through staff representatives.
Terms and conditions of all staff except College and Senior Management are agreed through a process of collective bargaining.
Individual contract arrangements apply for College and Senior Management.
As an employer of choice, we offer our staff:
- Competitive salary levels.
- Generous annual leave allocation.
- Occupational sick pay scheme (subject to qualifying service and conditions) which provides periods of full pay and half pay during sickness absence.
- Performance Related Pay for Management.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Access to occupational health and welfare support services.
- Modern employment practices, including comprehensive health and safety provisions, equality and diversity provisions, flexible working, and a culture of team working and team coaching.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme or Scottish Teachers Superannuation Scheme, dependent on role.
We are an Investor in People. We are committed to activities which promote Healthy Working Lives (formerly Scotland’s Health at Work) and are positive about disabled people.
Our modern CIPHR Self-Service allows staff to securely view and update their personal records, giving easy access to training records, annual leave requests and other information.
In return, we expect our staff to contribute to excellence through team spirit, customer service, quality, enthusiasm and commitment.