Not everyone knows what they want to study when they leave school, and some may need a little support to be able to follow their chosen career path.
We provide full and part time courses for people who:
- Are looking to gain more qualifications to help to progress.
- Have not yet decided what they want to do with their future.
- Lack the confidence at present to study in a busy College environment.
- Want to return to study, and want to brush up existing skills or learn new ones.
- Want to improve their employability chances.
- Want to find an entry point to another curriculum area.
- Want to study in a community setting.
Students gain confidence, experience and qualifications. They will work closely with colleagues across the college and our wider community to make successful transitions into further study or employment. Support from Development Workers is available throughout many of our courses.
The New Opportunities team work closely with Skills Development Scotland (SDS) to maximise student opportunities for education, employment and training. The team works closely with PKC, Mindspace and with other curriculum areas across the College to deliver the best learning experience for each individual student.