Yunior Aguiar Perdomo
Lecturer - Contemporary Art Practice
- Lecturer Contemporary Art
- PAT BA3 Contemporary Art & contextualised Practice
- Module Leader: Collaborative Practice
- Masters Degree in Visual Art, Art University of Cuba
- Bachelor Degree in Visual Art, National Fine Art Academy of Cuba
- Teaching across various levels of the curriculum
- Site Specific Contemporary Art Development and Production
- Sketchbook Development
- Developing personal art practice
Technical/ Research Interests
- Collaborative art practice
- Interdisciplinary practice
- Video Installation
- Political freedom and the influence of ar
- Perth2021 City of Culture bid- Perth Pioneer
- Internationally exhibiting artist, solo and collaborative, including South America, USA Canada and Europe
- International Artist in Residency including USA, Caribbean, UK and Cuba
- Lecturer in Printmaking, National Fine Art Academy of Cuba
- Lecturer in New Media, Art University of Cuba
- Curator, Havana Province Centre for the Visual Art & Design, Cuba.
Yunior is an art and design lecturer teaching a variety of courses across all levels of study. Originally from Havana, Cuba he studied art there for 9 years; having been a practising artist in the duo Celia-Yunior since 2003.
Their work investigates administrative functions within a specific context; analysing and visualising statistical and archival information related to the administrative life of the specific places and situations the artworks are made in.
Their recurrent medium is installation; combining data visualisation with organic, industrial and domestic materials, in derelict or public spaces, creating a bond between the information and the viewer.