Update on Industrial Action - Friday 6 October 2023
Due to the national industrial action that has been called by UNISON related to the 2022 and 2023 pay dispute, UHI Perth will be open in part to allow students to access their learning.
Industrial action will take place at UHI Perth on:
- Friday 6 October 2023
The following will be open to allow students to access their learning:
- School / College Partnership Courses
For school pupils who attend classes on Friday, with the exception of the Foundation Apprenticeship Creative and Digital Media, all other classes will run as normal.
- Modern Apprenticeships
For Modern Apprentice, studying our Trades Course (i.e. Carpentry and Joinery, Plumbing, Electrical and Automotive) if no other plans have been shared they will be expected to attend their time-tabled classes on campus. Any classes scheduled to be taking place in Goodlyburn will be relocated to the Brahan Building and students will be notified of the room change for this day only by their PAT/lecturer.
- Academy of Sport and Wellbeing (ASW)
All courses time-tabled to take place in our ASW will run as planned, including our full-time courses in Sport, Beauty and Hairdressing.
- All other full-time and part-time courses
All other courses will move to online.
All staff not involved in the above should work from home.
- The Students’ Association team will be working from home so can be contacted via Teams/telephone.
- ASW and Brahan building will be open with the exception of the Library which will be closed
- Limited on campus catering services will be available in Brahan Building
- The Webster and Goodlyburn buildings will be closed
- The Nursery will be closed