Care Services Leadership and Management SCQF Level 10 SVQ
What is special about this course?
Care Services Leadership and Management SVQ4 is a requirement with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) for all managers, operation managers, deputy managers, supervisors of care services, and new business residential care supervisors and deputies.
The course provides a good basis for managing a care service and supports individuals to undertake management responsibility. The course is work-based, so you can continue working whilst undertaking your studies.
- Offers a good balance of practice and theory
- High-level award at level 10
- The preferred choice for many professionals as a bridge between vocational and academic study
- You must be in a job role relevant to the units, with a minimum of 6 months experience in post
- Candidates should hold Practice Award level 9 or CYP Practice Award OR
- Be a Registered Nurse or Social Worker OR
- Hold an HNC or equivalent in Care or Social Work
- Candidates should contact the campus to discuss entry requirements
Year 1 - SVQ
You will study multiple units, including the following 4 core units:
- Manage and develop yourself and your workforce within care services
- Lead and manage practice that promotes safeguarding of individuals
- Lead and manage practice for health and safety in work setting
- Lead and manage effective communication systems and practice
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (structured)
- This course is work-based so not suitable for full-time study
- You will receive support sessions, work one-to-one with an assessor and take part in group work and tutorials
- You will be assessed in the workplace and will be allocated an assessor
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 18 months
- Completion may be possible within a shorter time-frame, please discuss with your assessor
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI
- September - start dates may vary between locations. For more information, please contact the campus you wish to study with
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
SAAS can pay up to 75% of fees, with you or your employer responsible for paying the balance.
There are optional additional units of 30 credits which SAAS may also be available for.
What can I do on completion of my course?
You will be qualified to work as a manager or deputy manager within the care services sector.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Care Services Leadership and Management SCQF Level 10 SVQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.