Business and Employee Support
One of our key purposes is to support and develop the regional workforce of our industry and stakeholder partners, positively influencing the business competitiveness and productivity of our customers across the Tay Cities region. Our philosophy within UHI Perth and our Business Engagement Team is quite simply to work with you. We are here to listen to your needs and support the needs of your business and employees.
The Business Engagement Team has a wide range of business experience across different sectors.
The Business Link Team play a key supportive role in helping businesses across a range of sectors to become established and grow.
Eligible employers in Scotland can apply for part of a fund to partner with their local college to deliver in-work skills training.
For the 2nd year running, the Flexible Workforce Development Fund allows qualifying businesses to access up to £5k worth of training for their employees.
Contribution to the Perth and Kinross economy
UHI Perth contributed £113 million to the economy and supported 1,250 jobs throughout Perth and Kinross according to an Economic Impact Assessment report published in 2020.
Modern Apprentice Case Studies
- Automotive Modern Apprentice - Sean Gauld
- Hairdressing Modern Apprentice - Kimberley Sturrock
- Hairdressing Modern Apprentice - Louise Fenwick
- Craig Simpson shares his story of doing a Modern Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
- Former Automotive student, Daniel Smith, shares what path his life took after he completed his apprenticeship