Latest COVID-19 Information
Perth College UHI is ready to welcome new and returning students for the start of the 2021/22 year.
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our students, staff and communities, whilst providing quality learning opportunities and support services. We have a range of measures in place to ensure our campuses are safe and comply with the latest Scottish Government Guidance for Universities and Colleges.
For information on self isolating view our Do I need to self-isolate flowchart.
See our flowcart of actions when a Positive Case of Covid-19 is notified to the College
See our flowchart of actions if a student or member of staff develops symptoms whilst on campus
Safety Measures on Campus
The following health and safety measures will remain in place across the campus and we would ask all staff and students to adhere to these measures to keep each other safe:
- On campus QR codes and sign in sheets will be in place in all buildings to support test and protect and all staff and students must sign in and out.
- One metre physical distancing will now apply across all of the campus. This is beyond that mandated by law. All room capacities have been recalculated to accommodate this safety measure.
- Some one-way systems will be retained on the campus to manage the movement of people more safely. Please keep to the left at all times.
- The use of face coverings will be mandatory when in public spaces such as the library, corridors, refectory etc and in all classrooms (even when seated). Face coverings must be used in all other spaces when 1 metre social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Close proximity activities must continue to be risk assessed and appropriate mitigation e.g., PPE used where required.
- Teaching which cannot be accommodated in classrooms due to room number restrictions will be delivered online.
- Time on campus prioritised for practical, active and dynamic learning, teaching and assessment activities.
- Alcohol based and non-alcohol based sanitisers and surface wipes are available across the campus. Good hand hygiene and surface cleaning is as essential as ever.
- The utilisation of rooms which have good ventilation will be prioritised, and rooms which may be compromised by space and adequate ventilation will be monitored for CO2
- PPE will be available at all receptions – masks and wipes.
- Lateral Flow Testing kits continue to be available to staff and students and we recommend their use to help prevent the spread of the virus, noting that this is an entirely voluntary process.