Information Technology in Business PDA
What is special about this course?
The Professional Development Award (PDA) in Information Technology in Business at SCQF level 7 delivers the skills and knowledge needed for a range of administrative roles. It has particular emphasis on the use of IT within a business environment.
- This course will enable you to develop technical and administrative knowledge relevant to current administrative practice.
- You will develop skills and knowledge of word processing and presentation packages to aid business communication.
- You will develop an understanding of database management software and the application of databases to aid business decision making.
- This course will allow you to develop an understanding of spreadsheets and their use in providing solutions to business problems and to develop skills using technology in an administration role and prepare candidates for employment in an administration role.
- Communication and IT skills to SCQF level 5 or equivalent or
- Relevant business or IT NC/SVQ qualification or
- Relevant work experience
SVQ Business and Administration
Year 1 - PDA
Three units (32 SCQF credits in total):
- IT in Business — Word Processing and Presentation Applications
- IT in Business — Databases
- IT in Business — Spreadsheets
How will I study my course?
- Part Time (Structured)
- Distance learning (at some campuses)
For information on how you will study this course please contact the campus you wish to study with.
How long will my course last?
- Part Time - up to one year
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Inverness College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- North Highland College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI - Learning centres only
- West Highland College UHI
- Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on other start dates, and how to apply for them, please contact the campus where you wish to study.
The PDA is 32 SCQF (Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework) credits. The fees payable will depend on your assessed fee status:
|Scottish (SC)/EU||Rest of the UK (RUK)||International (INT)||Scottish (SC)/EU||Res of the UK (RUK)||International (INT)|
|PDA (32 SCQF credits)||£344||£1,792||£1,824||£344||£1,792||£1,872|
|Per SCQF credit||£10.75||£56||£57||£10.75||£56||£58.50|
This course is not available for international students requiring a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK. For students living in the UK and assessed as international fee status, fees will be charged as above.
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On successful completion of this course you might like to consider applying for office-related jobs.
Can I progress into further study?
You can progress on to our HNC Business courses.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Information Technology in Business PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.