What is special about this course?
The aim of this course is to provide you with the required skills to undertake entry level industry qualifications and awards. The course will allow you to log outdoor pursuit activity and volunteering to exit with experience and qualifications that will enable you to gain employment within the outdoor sector.
You will develop a sound understanding of the outdoor activity leadership and develop personal competencies in a range of outdoor activities. You also learn how to plan for outdoor activities whilst developing an understanding of personal safety and safety of other participants.
During the course you will take part in an expedition and residential.
No formal qualifications are required for entry to this course, evidence of participation and experience in at least two of the following must be provided; Hillwalking, Mountain Biking, Paddle Sports and/or climbing
An experience of assisting/volunteering would be advantageous.
You must have an active interest and previous experience/regular participation in outdoor activities.
English Proficiency Requirements: IELTS 5 or equivalent (with a minimum of 4.5 in all 4 components
- Mountain Leadership
- Land Based Activities
- Working and Volunteering in the Outdoors
- Climbing and Bouldering
- SQA Core Skills
- IQL Level 3 First Aid at Work Qualification
- UK Coaching Safeguarding and Protecting Children Workshop Attendance Certificate
Where personal competency allows you may also complete:
- National Navigation Award Scheme
- British Canoeing 2 Star Award
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Award
- Scottish Orienteering Teaching Orienteering Course
- Cycling Scotland Cycle Training Assistant
- Plus more…
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.