IT Short Course - SQA Information and Communication Technology Level 6 NQ
What is special about this course?
This Unit is about using complex information and communication technology (ICT) independently to access, process, and present information in everyday settings, ideally as a follow-on from Information and Communication Technology (SCQF Level 5).
Information and Communication Technology Level 5 or previous experience of MS Word, Excel and Access.
You will learn how to:
- select and start up software (for example, word-processing, spreadsheet, database, media packages) to perform a range of activities
- be aware of common hardware and software problems, and resolve simple hardware or software problems (for example, using on-screen help, software and hardware manuals)
- enter and edit data using appropriate applications software
- locate and extract information in different formats from a range of local or remote data sources (for example, the internet, CD-ROM, intranet, your own computer)
- apply a complex search strategy to find information (for example, choice of source, order of searching, choice of keywords)
- evaluate the information found against a set of criteria you select (for example, currency, reliability, bias, relevance, appropriateness of format)
- evaluate your complex search strategy (for example, did it produce information that matched your chosen criteria, was it effective in terms of time and cost?)
- present information in an appropriate mode (for example, display on screen, print out, play an audio/video file)
- keep data secure and well managed (for example, by using passwords, using virus protection software, backing up data, maintaining personal file area).
How will I study my course?
- Open Access
Open access with online tutor support
How long will my course last?40 Hours
40 hours over 20 weeks, open access.
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI
Various start dates.
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
What can I do on completion of my course?
You may be able to progress onto other course or use the skills learned in your career.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for IT Short Course - SQA Information and Communication Technology Level 6 NQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Perth College UHI. Perth College UHI operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.