IT Short Course - SQA Information and Communication Technology Level 5 NQ
What is special about this course?
This course is designed for those with previous computer knowledge, ideally as a follow-on from Information and Communication Technology (SCQF Level 4).
You will learn how to use an IT system effectively and perform more complex processes using a range of application packages. The focus of this unit is the development of transferable skills and knowledge associated with information technology and is an ideal starting point for anyone interested in progressing to the European Computer Driving Licence, but who does not have the appropriate level of skill.
Information and Communication Technology Level 4 or previous experience of MS Word, Excel and Access.
Course content includes:
- Word Processing: proofing documents; page setup; headers and footers; text boxes; working with graphics and images
- Spreadsheets: working with cells, rows and columns, creating, designing and amending charts; sorting and filtering data
- Databases: creating and modifying tables; working with queries; designing reports
- Internet: basic browser skills; searching; saving and downloading web content; printing web pages
- IT systems: finding applications; back-ups; computer viruses
How will I study my course?
- Open Access
Open access with online tutor support
How long will my course last?
40 hours over 20 weeks, open access.
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI
- Crieff Learning Centre
- Kinross Learning Centre
- Blairgowrie Learning Centre
- Pathways Learning Centre, Perth
Various start dates.
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
What can I do on completion of my course?
You may be able to progress onto our MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) programmes
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for IT Short Course - SQA Information and Communication Technology Level 5 NQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Perth College UHI. Perth College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.