IT Short Course - SQA Information and Communication Technology Level 4 NQ
What is special about this course?
For inexperienced users and those who need an introduction to the main elements of Microsoft Office, whether for home or business.
You will need a basic understanding of Windows and text editing.
Course content includes:
- Word Processing: opening, saving and closing documents; typing text; word wrapping; editing and formatting text; formatting paragraphs
- Spreadsheets: entering data in cells; formatting text and formatting cells; simple formula building; working with rows and columns
- Presentations: creating slides; formatting text; working with images; effective transitions; and working with themes
- Database: entering data in tables; changing and adding records; creating basic queries and reports
- File Management: creating folders; copying and moving files and folders; renaming files and folders; arranging icons by name
- Internet: effective searching; working with multiple tabs downloading and saving content
- Email: creating, replying to and forwarding emails; managing your mailbox; working with attachments; formatting and signatures; and dealing with junk mail
How will I study my course?
- Open Access
Open access with online tutor support
How long will my course last?
40 hours over 20 weeks.
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI
Various start dates.
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Progression at Perth College UHI
Information and Communication Technology Level 5.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for IT Short Course - SQA Information and Communication Technology Level 4 NQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Perth College UHI. Perth College UHI operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.