What is special about this course?
This course provides basic first aid skills for everyone. Once you complete it you will get a certificate, valid for 3 years, as the 'Appointed Person' with responsibility for first aid arrangements in the workplace (in the absence of a 'First Aider').
No formal entry requirements.
- Personal safety
- Assessing the incident
- Reporting and recording of incidents as required by HSE
- Contents of HSE approval first aid kit
- Priorities of care
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Dealing with blood loss and shock
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Responding to major illnesses
- Crush injuries and amputations
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
- Short course
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Pathways Learning Centre, Perth
Various start dates are available including:
26 September 2016
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.