Lecturer - Sport, Fitness and Outdoor Activities
- Personal Academic Tutor
- Lecturer Sport and Fitness & Outdoor Activities
- Programme Leader – BA (Hons) Outdoor Education and Learning
- Module Leader – BA (Hons) Outdoor Education and Learning
- BSc Honours Geography and Outdoor Studies
- SCA Aspirant Level 5 Inland Kayak Coach
- SCA Aspirant Level 5 Open Canoe Coach
- MTS Summer Mountain Leader
- MTS Single Pitch Supervisor
- SS Alpine Ski Leader
- SC Trail Cycle Leader
- Member - Scottish Canoe Association
- Previously a member of the Scottish Advisory Panel for Outdoor Education
- Member - Institute of Outdoor Learning Research Hub
- Trustee of Stramash
- +44 (0) 1738 877 438
- Room 904, Academy of Sport and Wellbeing, Perth College UHI, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 2NX, Scotland, UK.
- 20 years experience in outdoor education, with particular interest in melding educational constructs with activity provision
- Outdoor instructor, sports coach, management trainer and educator through the outdoors.
- Vice President, Board of the Scottish Canoe Association
- Pioneered remote rivers by kayak and canoe on multiple continents. His expeditions include journeys in Nepal, India, Canada, New Zealand and throughout Europe.
- Accreditation processes within Outdoor Education particularly Scottish Curricular opportunities for Outdoor Learning
- Learning mechanisms through the use of the Outdoor
- In conjunction with the Royal Scottish Geographical Society creating “The Expedition” an educational outdoor learning resource linking Sir Ernest Shackeltons Imperial Trans Antarctic Expedition of 1914-16 with the Curriculum for Excellence at SCQF level 5 and 6.
- Creating, organising and delivering the Perth and Kinross Adventure Festival for four consecutive years to 3000 participants per festival.
- World number 54 Stone Skimming Championship - 2016
- Sea Kayaking
- Inland Kayaking
- Open Canoeing
- Inspired by Allan Ellard & Mikey Abbott, to get out kayaking and explore wild places and have fun.
- Callum Strong – An ex-student of David’s who has taken the baton and now runs rapids David quakes at! Callum is pushing the envelope in expedition kayaking with a big smile on his face.