- BA3 Teaching and Learning Practices
- BA4 Dissertation/Creative Honours Project
- HNC Live Music Industry
- HNC Music Industry Promotions
- BA (Hons) Applied Music- University of Strathclyde
- MLitt Popular Music Studies- University of Glasgow
- Currently working towards PhD at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland/University of St Andrews
- Musician, teacher and composer
- Lifelong Learning Tutor & Researcher
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Instrumental Instructor- Guitar and Bass.
North Lanarkshire Council
- Gig Rep/Artist Liaison
- Broad, S, Hunter, K, Moscardini, L, Rae, A, Smillie, G, Wilson, A. (2019) What’s Going on Now?
- Brennan, M, Bhachu, D, Collinson Scott, J & Smillie, G (2017), A Manifesto for Music Education in Scotland. University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh.
- June 2017- ‘Transitions 20/40’ QAA 3rd International Enhancement Themes Conference. Glasgow.
- July 2016- ‘Understanding social and cultural participation in a junior conservatoire: Chronicling the realities of young musicians from deprived areas’- International Society for Music Education (ISME) 32nd World Conference. Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- September 2016- ‘Transitions 20/40: Researching social and cultural participation in a conservatoire.’ Scottish Association for Music Education 10th Annual Conference, University of Stirling.
- Touring and recording musician with artists including Arab Strap, Karine Polwart, Emma Pollock, Malcolm Middleton, Sons & Daughters, The Unwinding Hours, The Vaselines.
- Composer and band member with A Mote of Dust, Strike The Colours and Olympic Swimmers.
- Collaborator on inter-disciplinary projects including Vox Liminis ‘Distant Voices’, Inge Thomson’s ‘Da Fishing Hands’, The Fruit Tree Foundation’s ‘First Edition’, Scottish Opera’s Community Choir and Marc Brew Company’s Brewband, which premiered at Sadlers Wells in 2017.
- Facilitator and author of YMI funded ‘Track’ course with Articulate Cultural Trust, and co-author and facilitator of a ‘Get Started in Music’ programme for the Princes Trust with Beatroute Arts.