Dr Kieran Curran
Tutor in the following classes
- BA2 Music Industries Analysis
- BA3 Themed Research Project
- BA4 Research Paper
- MMus Music, Sound and Media.
- Ph.D. Music and English Literature. University of Edinburgh. 2014
- MPhil. English. Trinity College, Dublin. 2006.
- BA (Hons) English and Philosophy. National University of Ireland. 2005.
- Visit Room 511, Goodlyburn Building
- Music and Music Business
Research Publications and Interests
- 2016 - ‘On Tape’ - Cassette Culture in Glasgow and Edinburgh Now. Book chapter in the Listening Spaces anthology, Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2015 - Cynicism In Post War Britain: Ignorance, Dust and Disease. Palgrave Macmillan. 2011 - ‘Let Me Take You Down’ - Stephen Poliakoff and Punk Culture. Peer-reviewed paper published in Durham University’s Postgraduate English j ournal.
- 2009 - Review of Listen Again - A Momentary History of Popular Music. Published in CUP’s Popular Music journal.
- 2008 - Review of Blerwytirhwng? - The Place Of Welsh Pop. Published in Popular Music.
- July 2015 - ‘DIY as a Contemporary Cultural Keyword’ - K.I.S.M.I.F Conference, University of Porto.
- May 2015 - Edinburgh’s Musical Darkness - On Noise in Auld Reekie - University of Edinburgh Festival of Museums, Edinburgh.
- June 2014 - ‘You Are Such a Daredevil, You Are Such a Collector - Contemporary Cassette Cultures’ - On Music Collecting Conference, the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh.
- March 2014 - ‘The Good Ship Kangaroo’ - An Analysis of the transnational voyages of a song’ - Atlantic Sounds Conference, University of Liverpool.
Artistic and Musical Practice
- Co-organiser – Shan Weekender
- Co-organiser – Edinburgh Experimental Film Club
- Collaborations with Chris Kohler, the Edinburgh International Science Festival
- Co-organiser - Unpop
- Centre for the Moving Image (Scotland)
- Tutor in Visual Culture – Edinburgh College of Art (2016-17)
- Tutor in English – University of Edinburgh (2010-2016)