Food Studies and Hospitality
Food Studies and Hospitality at UHI Perth
Tourism and Hospitality are Scotland’s largest industries, and identified by the Scottish Government as a growth sector.
With highly commended programmes delivered in partnership with the crème de la crème of industry professionals, we offer invaluable skills to prepare you for your career. The curriculum was awarded the SQA Star Award for Innovation in 2016.
As well as the chance to develop your skills in fine dining with the public in our training restaurant, you’ll also get to work in our Food Court.
This is a fast-paced restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and evening meals to visitors, staff and students, and means students get real-life experience preparing and serving.
Former students, including Andrew Fairlie at Gleneagles and Tom Kitchin in Leith, have gone on to gain Michelin stars for their restaurants. In 2013, we took part in a BBC TV series ‘The Chef’s Protégé’ which saw Tom Kitchin choose a student as a protégé to mentor and develop.
University partnership recognised in Guardian University Guide
Our university partnership has been ranked second in Scotland and 20th in the UK for our Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism subjects, in the Guardian University Guide!
'Legend' - Ian Gibb - retires after six decades.
- Student Spotlight - Liam Clayton
- Alumni Spotlight - Linsey Macdonald
- Alumni Spotlight - Magdalena Mazurkiewicz
- Alumni Spotlight - Wojciech Czujko
- Heart Health
- New Year, New You?
- Alumni Spotlight - Mati Flezar
- Industry Spotlight - Cardo Restaurant
- Student Spotlight - Megan MacMaster
- Staff Spotlight: Clive Lamb
- Lentil and Winter Vegetable Soup
- Healthy Snacking
- Traditonal Scottish Tablet
- Student Spotlight: Dener Pereira
- Department Focus
- Alumni spotlight: Sarah Miles
- The Curious Case of the E-coli carrott
- Reducing Food Waste
- Perfect Pancakes
- Creole Stuffed Peppers