Since 2000, together with many partners, the Centre for Mountain Studies has been involved in a wide range of research projects, which are often interdisciplinary and applied at scales from the globe to Scotland. Since 2004, the Centre for Mountain Studies has run a part-time online MSc in Sustainable Mountain Development, available to students around the world, as a key activity of the UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Mountain Development. Our research, knowledge and teaching activities have important links to both policy and practice.
Please explore the following pages for find more information:
- Sustainable mountain development and characterising mountains
- Biodiversity and protected areas
- Global and climate change
- Managing Scotland’s uplands
- Knowledge exchange and applying research
- Postgraduate teaching and supervision
For updates on our current projects, see also our e-newsletters (September 2015, May 2014 and June 2012) or read an article about the Centre for Mountain Studies that was published in Mountain Research and Development.