Care experienced/leaver students
At Perth College UHI we are committed to supporting care experience students. This includes care-leavers and looked after students aged between 16 – 26 years of age.
It is important that you disclose at the point of application so that you can receive the support you’re entitled to. Your college experience will be the same as all other students but you will be offered some extra support to allow you to get the very best from your time here.
We can offer you tailored support with things including the following;
- A bespoke pre-entry course which will offer you guidance and practical advice to help you settle into college.
- Emotional support and wellbeing if you are experiencing stress or difficulty in or outside of university offered via a daily drop-in service.
- Support on a range of welfare, financial and education issues.
- Guidance through all information and procedures.
- Someone to talk to who understands your individual situation and needs.
- Careers advice, travel, childcare, accommodation, counselling, additional learning support if applicable.