Additional Support Team
At Perth College UHI we work hard to support all of our students. We recognise that each student is different and do our best to provide appropriate and effective support to reflect this.
A wide range of courses are available to meet the needs and aspirations of our students, whether they want to study full-time or part-time.
There are well established systems in place to successfully support students with a variety of personal and learning needs. We have experience of working with individuals affected by a wide range of health conditions, learning difficulties and disabilities including:
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Visual impairments
- Hearing impairments
- Mobility or dexterity difficulties
- Health or medical conditions
- Unseen disabilities such as epilepsy
- General learning difficulties
Depending on the needs of each individual student, additional support may include:
- Information and guidance
- Help to access financial support, Disabled Students Allowance (H.E. only)
- Access to assistive technology e.g. electronic spellcheckers, digital voice recorders, adapted keyboards & ergonomic equipment and assistive software
- Interpreter support
- Additional individual study skills or small group tuition
- Course material in alternative formats e.g. Braille or audio
- Alternative Assessment Arrangements such as reader-scribes, text to speech software electronic question papers and extra time.
These lists are not exhaustive! A full range of reasonable adjustments to both the physical environment and learning materials can be explored to effectively support students. An assessment of needs will be conducted with each student to determine what additional support will be required for their learning. At Perth College we feel the student should always be at the centre of this process and no additional support will be put in place without their agreement.
To view our Assistive Technology Workshops, click here. Contact the Additional Support Admin below for Workshop dates.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss additional support further:
Additional Support Team Leader
01738 877 374
Additional Support Officer
01738 877 616
Additional Support Administrator
01738 877 382