Sport and Exercise Science
About this course contentCourse content contentEntry requirements contentCourse progression contentVenue content
|Attendance Pattern||Location||Duration||SCQF Level||Year Group|
|Friday 10am-3pm||UHI Perth||1 year||7||S6|
This course will require additional study outside normal delivery sessions.
About this course
About this course
Do you wish to pursue a sport science, sports therapy, or medical related course at university? This course is designed to provide a good working knowledge of sport and exercise science in preparation for university study. Within some units you may join our full time BSc and HNC students, giving you a flavour of Higher Education Study.
- Psychology of Sport and Exercise introduces this branch of sport and exercise science; covering the key components of psychology and how they are linked to sport and exercise, including concentration and motivation.
- Nutrition for Fitness Health and Exercise develops understanding of macro and micronutrients linked to human performance which is a fundamental aspect of sport and exercise science.
- Human Structure and Function studies the branch of the biological sciences that is concerned with the way the body is structured and how it functions.
- The Biomechanics workshops put learning into practice by developing an understanding of the human body’s movement.
The course is made up of 3 modules and a Biomechanics workshop.
- Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- Nutrition for Fitness Health and Exercise
- Human Structure and Function (BSc Sport and Fitness Degree Module)
- Biomechanics Workshop
Entry requirements Open to pupils with 3 Highers at min BBC. A strong interest in pursuing a sport, health or medicine related course of study.
This programme will run in the Academy of Sport and Wellbeing at UHI Perth, unless activity requires alternative arrangements.