What is special about this course?
Care Services Leadership and Management SVQ4 is a requirement with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) for all managers, operation managers, deputy managers, supervisors of care services, and new business residential care supervisors and deputies.
The course provides a good basis for managing a care service and supports individuals to undertake management responsibility. The course is work-based, so you can continue working whilst undertaking your studies.
- Offers a good balance of practice and theory
- High-level award at level 10
- The preferred choice for many professionals as a bridge between vocational and academic study
- You must be in a job role relevant to the units, with a minimum of 6 months experience in post
- Candidates should hold Practice Award level 9 or CYP Practice Award OR
- Be a Registered Nurse or Social Worker OR
- Hold an HNC/SVQ level 7 in Care or Social Work
- Candidates should contact the campus to discuss entry requirements
Year 1 - SVQ 4
You will study multiple units, including the following 4 core units:
- Manage and develop yourself and your workforce within care services
- Lead and manage practice that promotes safeguarding of individuals
- Lead and manage practice for health and safety in work setting
- Lead and manage effective communication systems and practice
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- This course is work-based so not suitable for full-time study
- You will receive support sessions, work one-to-one with an assessor and take part in group work and tutorials
- You will be assessed in the workplace and will be allocated an assessor
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 18 months
- Completion may be possible within a shorter time-frame, please discuss with your assessor
Where can I study my course?
- Perth College UHI
- September - start dates may vary between locations. For more information, please contact the campus you wish to study with
Most full-time students will have their fees paid.
Students on part-time courses may also be eligible to have their course fees waived.
SAAS can pay up to 75% of fees, with you or your employer responsible for paying the balance.
There are optional additional units of 30 credits which SAAS may also be available for.
What can I do on completion of my course?
You will be qualified to work as a manager or deputy manager within the care services sector.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.