What is special about this course?
The PDA in Website Design at SCQF level 7 is aimed at those working or interested in the web and interactive media industries who want to gain a qualification in a specialist area.
This part-time course offers an opportunity for focused study in planning and developing a website which would be useful for a wide range of potential students including employees and self-employed within the industry, as well as school leavers and others with an interest in the subject.
- Maps to the Skillset National Occupational Standards for interactive media and the CIW Certified Internet Webmaster and Web Design Specialist qualifications.
- You can study individual units for personal or professional development or work towards the full PDA
All applications will be considered on an individual basis, however knowledge of HTML is essential and a basic level of web development is preferred.
Qualifications such as the following are acceptable for entry:-
- PDA in Web Technologies Fundamentals
- CIW Foundations level qualification
- NPA Web Fundamentals
- NC Digital Media Computing
Year 1 - PDA
The PDA consists of three units:
- Planning and Design
- Multimedia Content Creation
- Development Technologies
How will I study my course?
- Part Time (Structured)
- Part Time (Unstructured)
You will learn through a combination of online study via the university’s virtual learning environment and some video conference tutorials which are used to gauge progress and understanding.
How long will my course last?
- Part Time (Structured): 1 year
- Part Time (Unstructured) 1 years +
Where can I study my course?
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider the following careers:
- Front end web developer (HCI)
- Web Tester
- Web Developer (HTML, CSS)
- Digital Web Analyst