The main building on our Crieff Road campus is on the site of Brahan House, formerly home to the Pullars, who ran a successful business in Perth as cleaners and dyers.
Built in 1898 by Rufus Daniel Pullar, his family lived there until 1947 when it became a convalescent home.
After closure by the Eastern Regional Hospital Board, the derelict building was taken over by the Education Authority.
When it was eventually demolished, Pullar House still showed traces of its former art deco glory and some of the internal wooden panelling was salvaged.
Woodworking students and staff then made matching panels which were installed in the Principal’s office in 1971.
The College’s main driveway still follows the original route to Brahan House.
Originally Perth Academy’s Crieff Road building, we took over this part of our campus from the regional council in the late 1980s.
This building was converted from the Southern District School to provide a permanant home for further education classes in Perth.
Legend has it that we had to move from Nelson Street because the volume of sound from the music department caused subsidence in the building...